- Canterbury and District Inter-Faith Action (CANDIFA) supports locally the aims and objects of the Inter Faith Network for the UK.
Therefore Candifa seeks to
- Advance public knowledge and mutual understanding of the teachings, traditions and practices of different faith and belief communities, including awareness of their distinctive features and of their common ground, and
- Promote good relations between persons of different faiths and beliefs in the Canterbury area
Candifa shall hold an Annual General Meeting, open to all individual and corporate members, which shall appoint its officers and Council
- to represent faith and belief communities in the Canterbury area
- to carry forward the aims and objects of CANDIFA
- to co-opt other faith representatives and alternates
- to appoint officers and bankers
- to hold and administer funds and produce accounts on a receipts and payments basis which shall be subject to independent examination and reported to the Annual General Meeting.
- Membership of CANDIFA shall be open to interested individuals, to faith and belief communities and organisations who support its aims and objects.
- Annual Subscriptions for individual members and corporate members shall be set at an amount to be determined by the Annual General Meeting.
- This constitution shall be subject to review by the Annual General Meeting